Translate

Thursday 5 December 2013

DESPERATELY HOMESICK!

(This reading is based on Psalm 120 and is read in accordance with the Revived by His Word initiative of the General Conference of SDAs.)
"My soul has dwelt too long with one who hates peace." Psalm 120: 6
I'm tired of this world where Jesus, the source of true peace, is not prized, and being like Him isn't the number one goal. May I share a bit of inspiration that is coming to me now:

I'm Desperately Homesick
I'm desperately homesick for a better world, where Christ is King, and righteousness reigns
I'm desperately homesick for a better world, where harmony is more prized than worldly gains
I'm desperately homesick for a better world, where old things are past and all will be new
I'm desperately homesick for a better world, where all will love Jesus and not just a few
I'm desperately homesick for a better world, where there'll be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying
I'm desperately homesick for a better world, where with the Tree of life, there will be no more dying
I'm desperately homesick for a better world, where the taunts of sin will harass us no more
I'm desperately homesick for a better world, where we'll be safe at last on the Heavenly shore
Even so come Lord Jesus.
Our loving heavenly Father, thank You for the glorious hope we have in You, and in the imminent return of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. Please make us ready and keep us faithful till He comes, we ask in His name, amen.

To read and/or listen to Psalm 120 and to read other related blogs, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment