Translate

Tuesday 4 June 2013

I Want to Go; I Want to do Something



A Call to Mission
Life's greatest missions are born, not out of a selfish desire to secure ones well-being, but rather from a sincere desire to honour God and to facilitate the salvation of others. The answer, "here am I send me," to that proverbial call from God, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" (Isa. 6: 8) seemed to have come from Nehemiah as it did from Isaiah. In this instance Nehemiah was to rebuild the wasted walls of Jerusalem that were burnt down by enemies.


Present Challenge
Today, many walls of truth, morality and genuine spirituality have been compromised by the arch-enemy. The Church, yeah the world needs a Nehemiah to restore these breached walls. The question now is, "Who will answer that call to mission today?"

Prayer of Commitment
Lord, with all my heart I want to say yes to Your call to mission. But so often Lord, we feel oh so overwhelmed by the hurdles in the way. So like Nehemiah prayed, we pray for an opening; and like You answered him, we trust you to answer us and grant us the wherewithal to accomplish Your divine purposes. This we pray, in Jesus' name, amen.


This reading is based on Nehemiah 1.  To read and/or listen to this chapter and to read other related blogs, please go here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment