Translate

Friday 19 October 2012

Boyhood Lessons on Deut. 33: 27

"The eternal God is your refuge and underneath are the everlasting arms...." Deut. 33: 27
When I was a boy I had a childhood friend with whom I was playing one day.  I was chasing him around.  In his desperate bid to evade me, he dashed right under his mother's dress.  Though I was but a boy, I knew that area was out of bounds for me.  So as long as my friend stayed there, he was safe.Aren't you thankful that there is a place that we can run to, where the devil dares not venture?  "The eternal God is (our) refuge...." Verse 27.

Then there's another boyhood experience I had of coming from church in the nights when I was too drunk with sleep to keep apace with my mother and older siblings.  That's when someone would carry me on his/her back.  It was great to have been the youngest then!
Does the journey seem a little too much for you?  Not to worry, because we have the assurance that the Lord will bear us up with His "everlasting arms." Verse 27.
To read the full chapter and other blogs please visit  http://revivedbyhisword.org/en/bible/deut/33/

No comments:

Post a Comment