Translate

Wednesday 23 October 2013

No More Needles; No More...!

(This reading is based on Psalm 77 which is read in accordance with the Revived by His Word initiative of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists).
"Has God forgotten to be gracious? Has He in anger shut up His tender mercies?" Ps 77: 9
Some of the reasons for my anxiety about getting an injection at the doctor's is that I'd often worry about the needle breaking off in my arm, and then they'd have to cut the arm open to take out the needle fragment that was left inside. And then I'd also just simply worry about the pain the prick of the needle will cause.
The fact is though that I have literally lost count of the number of injections I've gotten in my lifetime. Never once was a needle broken inside my arm and the pain was never as overwhelming as I've always feared it'd be. My experience to date has in no way justified my fear of the needles... yet I continue to be wary of them. Nevertheless, these days when I visit the doctor, or go to a blood bank I try to be gong ho about the needles. But should I really be resigned to needles? Not sure. I know though that I thank God that in the earth made new, we'll be perpetually healthy - AND WE WON'T NEED THE NEEDLES ANYMORE; NO NEED TO FEAR!!!
In a similar way, we won't have to put up with the many other troubles of life with which we have to contend at the present. And, as also with the track record of the needles, God has always come true on His promises, and has always been faithful His watch/care over us. The uncomfortable things He permits to happen to us - those little pricks of the needle - are always for a greater good than is often seen to be served when we're actually going through those crucibles. And when those dark days come, we must note the track record of God's dealings with us, and know "That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ." 1 Pet. 1: 7. The writer of Hebrews in 12: 11 says, "Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby." In the end we can all look back and say, "It was worth it!" And what's more, in the earth made new we'll be eternally happy - AND WE WON'T NEED THOSE CRUCIBLES ANYMORE!!!
So there's no need to worry anymore; no need to feel sorry for ourselves; no need to wallow in self-pity. Instead, let us remember how faithful God has been and let's remain faithful and always praise the LORD!

Share in this beautiful song, Remind Me Dear Lord http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-eSX1lbaOc.

To read and/or listen to Psalm 77 and to read other related blogs, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment