Translate

Thursday 28 November 2013

Lifted!

(This reading is based on Psalm 113 and is read in accordance with the Revived by His Word initiative of the General Conference of SDAs.)

Condescension: the Science of Salvation

Stooping and lifting a heavy object off the ground is not only a safe and effective way of lifting, but it also provides an object lesson for what Jesus did in His great act of condescension. "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:" Phil. 2: 7. Verse 9 tells us, "Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name." And what did Jesus say about His being exalted/lifted up?  "And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me." John 12: 32.

Human Limitation

Now it's not always about arrogance that it'll be so difficult to see, even leaders within our own church. Most times it is because they are so overwhelmed with heavy responsibilities that take up their time - even members of their immediate families sometimes suffer from their absence from home. This is just a sad fact of the limitation of humanity that we must constantly try to work around in order to maintain balance.
                         

As if I'm the Only One

Today I rejoice that the One who scattered the stars across the sky, the One who secures the sun in its specified place, the One who made the majestic mountains, yeah the One to whom billions of angels bow in humble obedience, as my personal God, has made me to know:

1. He knows me by name - "But now thus saith the Lord that created thee, O Jacob, and he that formed thee, O Israel, Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine." Isa. 43: 1

2. The hairs on my head are numbered - "But the very hairs of your head are all numbered." Matt. 10: 30

3. I have constant access to Him - "And it shall come to pass, that before they call, I will answer; and while they are yet speaking, I will hear." Isa 65: 24. "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Ps. 46: 1.

4. He has a plan for my life - "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end." Jer. 29: 11. " Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations." Jer. 1: 5.

Thanksgiving

Lord, from a human perspective, to enjoy the kind of relationship that we each do with You, it is as if we are the only ones that You are concerned with.  And yet we know that we should treat everyone with every care and sensitivity that we would ascribe to our own selves, because you value all of us the same.  Thank you for being such an awesome God, in Jesus' name, amen.

To read and/or listen to Psalm 113 and to read other related blogs, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment