Translate

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Beyond Our Differences

(This reading is based on Psalm 133 and is read in accordance with the Revived by His Word initiative of the General Conference of SDAs.)

"Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity." Ps. 133: 1
Let's get practical:
1. I find it so much more pleasant when I'm walking down a corridor and coming in the opposite direction is someone with whom I can share a warm, easy greeting - no awkwardness that would make you want to turn off, or quickly get on your phone.
2. It's so much better when we try work with each other to make challenging projects a success; instead of complaining about why that person had to come up with that "stupid idea."
3. Why do I always have to be acknowledged, and get upset when I'm not. I might even pull back my support so my importance can be seen. Maybe I need to learn more about the art of selfless service - "not as menpleasers, but as servants of Christ." Eph. 6: 6.
        
                                                            The King's Heralds
4. How about walking past a group and not having to worry about what they are thinking or possibly saying about you - especially if they were to share a laugh shortly after you pass.
5. I wonder about a "friendship" that get's a spouse frantic (bordering becoming impossible to live with) in getting everything "perfect" for a visit.
6. Then of the first century Church it was said that "they had all things common." Acts 4: 32. Yet today we're so stratified in our Church. What of Jesus' statement, "By this shall all men know that you are my disciples if you have love one for another." John 13: 35.
7. A beautiful worship experience is one that is often shared and includes a contribution of different individuals bringing their own flavour to the service. There are the greeters, the singers, the teachers and preachers. All, based on their 'giftings', give their best in the worship of a God they love.
"Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity."

To read and/or listen to Psalm 133 and to read other related blogs, please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment