Translate

Wednesday 4 December 2013

QUICKEN ME!

(This reading is based on Psalm 119 and is read in accordance with the Revived by His Word initiative of the General Conference of SDAs.)

The plea in Psalm 119 that should most resonate with us on RBHW is the one to be quickened/revived by God. Revival or quickening is an accomplishment of God in our lives.

THE LORD QUICKENS US:

According to His Word 

"My soul cleaveth unto the dust: quicken thou me according to thy word." Verse 25

"This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me." Verse 50

"I am afflicted very much: quicken me, O Lord, according unto thy word." Verse 107

"Plead my cause, and deliver me: quicken me according to thy word." Verse 154

What an affirmation for our daily reading of His word!



In His way:

"Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way." Verse 37


In His Righteousness

"Behold, I have longed after thy precepts: quicken me in thy righteousness." Verse 40


According to His Lovingkindness

"Quicken me after thy lovingkindness; so shall I keep the testimony of thy mouth." Verse 88

"Consider how I love thy precepts: quicken me, O Lord, according to thy lovingkindness." Verse 159


According to His Precepts

"I will never forget thy precepts: for with them thou hast quickened me." Verse 93


According to His Judgements

"Hear my voice according unto thy lovingkindness: O Lord, quicken me according to thy judgment." Verse 149

"Great are thy tender mercies, O Lord: quicken me according to thy judgements." Verse 156

Consecration

Lord we pray that You'll "revive today with power from on high...;" amen.

To read and/or listen to Psalm 119 and to read other related blogs, please click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment