Translate

Friday 16 November 2012

Revived by His Word: Judges 3



God is EVER ... to
Reading this chapter, it is so easy to judge Israel for being so silly.  Wasn't it clear that all they had to do was to serve God faithfully?  It made no sense for them to have kept straying as they did. 

But wait!  I’m looking at my own life and realize that I do have far greater intentions of service to God than I actually perform – amidst all the evidence.  I must confess, I'm no better than Israel... but worse in fact – I have their example to learn from.

But I rejoice in a God who is EVER anxious to effect my salvation (as He has always been);  EVER willing to forgive my straying; EVER ready to respond to my slightest call for help, and to bestow the Holy Spirit on all who wish to live in holiness.



Watch Our Associations
In this chapter also we see clearly how the intermarrying between the Israelites and the heathens around caused them to constantly apostatize.  We need to watch our associations.  Nature teaches us that, thanks to gravity, it is always easier for objects to fall than to have them elevated.  Sin has a strong gravitational pull, which makes it easier for the unbeliever to negatively influence the believer.  The only successful resistance to this force is remain in the domain of loving obedience to God; being prepared to join Paul in declaring, "For I am persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come; Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Rom. 8: 38, 39.

To read the chapter and other related blogs visit http://revivedbyhisword.org/en/bible/jdg/3/.

No comments:

Post a Comment